What is the opportunity?
The overall purpose of this role is to ensure the business is receiving the project resources required to manage the approved project portfolio, and ensure GTI delivers the expected outcomes of each project for the business, while leveraging global standards, processes, and tools, and aligning to global GTI priorities. In addition, the role:
- Manages the full portfolio of GTI change for all businesses
- Governs work intake pipeline for GTI across the portfolio
- Prioritizes and triages the portfolio of change work delivered through matrix services across GTI
- Leads matrixed teams to deliver cross-functional change
- Ensures that all projects are properly initiated, managed, reported and that they deliver the defined success criteria to budget and timeline
- Lead a team of Project Managers, Business Analysts, and Project Control Officers
- Accountable to the BAS Infrastructure Head and key business executives to ensure successful project delivery
- Where appropriate oversee global infrastructure programs or business/regional segments supporting global infrastructure programs.
What will you do?
Responsible for enabling the successful achievement of target project outcomes for all infrastructure projects aligned to one or more global RBC business units:
- Deals directly with line of business heads, business program teams, and global/regional technology teams to ensure that GTI partners effectively to provide solutions
- Works closely with business management to evolve ideas and requirements into deliverable projects
- Champions strong project governance and execution assurance processes
- Oversees development of program/project and initiatives KPIs and metrics, including status reporting
- Resolves complex issues and escalates/manages resolution as required
- Manages overall project and portfolio financials and tracks value for effective decision-making
- Oversees the completion of post-project reviews and closure
Builds strong internal stakeholder and vendor relationships and maintains collective alignment across GTI, T&O, and business units of priorities in the project portfolio:
- Represents the portfolio to the business in support of the Head of Infrastructure supporting that business as an active member of the Senior Management Team/Operating Committee, responsible for leveraing technology opportunities to influence strategic plans
- Regulary reports progress of project status, milestones, achievements, and budgetary standing in both formal (steering committee, PMO) and informal settings
- Contributes to GTI’s reputation as a trusted advisor who consistently delivers on commitments
- Establishes and maintains strategic partnerships with various service