What is the opportunity?
In this role, you will be involved in evaluating, designing, developing, implementing and supporting critical external access middleware solutions for RBC applications. You will also be providing technical consulting to application development groups on design and proper use of Web Services Infrastructure and RBAccess middleware (approx. 80+ RBAccess Internet & Intranet applications).
What will you do?
- Provide development, production support, maintenance and technical consulting for RBAccess software components & infrastructure (primary)
- Conduct design reviews when required.
- Position requires carrying a pager on weekly rotations for emergency support and covering as a backup when team members are on vacation.
- Provide development, production support, maintenance and technical consulting for ISAM software components & infrastructure
What do you need to succeed?
- University or College degree/diploma in Computer Science, Mathematics or related area preferred.
- 3 – 5 years of proven expertise in Middleware technologies and Web Services Infrastructure: C/C++/C#/.NET/Java, XML (XML, XSLT, XPath), Web Services technologies and WS-* stack (WS-Security, WS-Trust, WS- SecureConversation, SAML).
- Exposure to information and systems Security technologies, Internet & Web Technologies, Windows Server and IP networking.
- Exposure to Enterprise Application Integration / Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) – Technologies like IBM DataPower or IBM WebSphere Message Broker.
- Exposure to Vendor Web Access Gateway (ISAM – IBM Tivoli Access Manager)
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
Royal Bank of Canada