Medcan is recruiting for a Clinic Nurse, RN to join our growing high-performance nursing team. We are seeking an experienced and client focused professional with a great attitude. The role is accountable for the effective delivery of screening and diagnostic nursing services for clients during their Annual Health Assessment and other Medcan services.
Here are the main accountabilities of the role:
– Immunization and vaccination education and administration
– Health assessment and teaching on cardiac risk factors, immunizations, and other nursing responsibilities
– Nursing procedures such as ear syringing, dressing changes, suture/staple removal and assisting the Physicians with basic nursing care
– Administration of maintenance medications such as Vitamin B12, testosterone, and allergy serums
– Coordinating with other Clinic staff to ensure exceptional delivery of service
– Monitoring and facilitating the flow of patients through the Clinic
– Travel Clinic client education and vaccination
– Assist as-needed with the Pediatric clinic
– Registered Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
– Minimum 1 year of nursing experience
– Nursing experience in a primary care environment is essential
– Good knowledge of vaccines is an asset
– Current CPR/BCLS certification
– Superior verbal, written and electronic communication skills
– Experience in travel health, occupational health and pediatric nursing is an asset
– Proficiency in MS Outlook and Word
This is a Casual role. The role will provide absence coverage to our existing team as-needed between Monday-Saturday. The role reports to the Clinic Nurse Director.
The position comes with a great working environment, a competitive rate and a genuine opportunity to grow at one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies. In your cover letter please include why you wish to align yourself with Medcan and how you believe you can add value to our organization.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply to **@me****.com and la********@me****.com with their resume and cover letter in MS Word or PDF format. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an initial Skype Video interview will be contacted. No phone calls and no agencies please.