Ndi-Imo Canada Inc
(The Organization of all the Associations and persons of Imo State Nigeria origin in CANADA)
We are indigenes of Imo State Nigeria residing in Canada and we recognize the need to form ourselves into an association for the benefit of one another and in the interest of the development of our new home, Canada and our ancestral home of Imo State, Nigeria.
Ndi Imo Canada is an umbrella association for all organizations, groups, and of person of Imo State Nigeria origin resident in Canada.
The organization is owned by and belongs to all indigenes, peoples and citizens of Imo State, Nigeria resident in Canada who comply with the registration and membership sections of our constitution.
Ndi Imo Canada is a non-partisan, not for profit, and non-governmental organization of all persons residing in Canada who meet the criteria set by the general membership and Board of this organization. The mission of NICANADA shall be to harness every available resource at its disposal for the development of the people and land of Ontario Canada and Imo State of Nigeria, and for the protection of the interest and the wellbeing of people of Imo State origin residing in Ontario Canada.
Our core values shall be the principles of family, community, honesty, industry and teamwork, patriotism, selfless service, exemplary and disciplined leadership.
We aim to become the leader and recognized voice of change and a think-tank of Imo State indigenes. NICANADA will constantly brainstorm, articulate identify, implement and develop ideas, plans and objectives that will be beneficial to Canada and the people of Imo State including all ways and means to enhance communication, safety of lives and property and promote good governance and accountability; promote general socio-economic development of our both countries and state. NICANADA is not affiliated with any political organization, group or person, and shall neither be sympathetic nor antagonistic towards any particular ethnic or religious orientation.
The objectives of this organization shall include but not limited to:
1. To promote the well-being of, and to foster unity, networking and cooperation among the members of NICANADA
2. To engage in activities, which promote increased social, political, business and economic development of Imo State through seminars, workshops, conventions, annual meetings, and other events, as the organization may deem necessary
3. To promote interaction between the governments, agencies and peoples of Canada and the governments, agencies and peoples of Imo State Nigeria
4. To foster good relationships between the people and governments of Ontario Canada and the people and governments of Imo State of Nigeria
5. To engage in settlement and integration programs for new comers to Canada in order to promotecultural, economic, educational, and political integration of the people of Imo State origin in Canada
6. To cooperate with other organizations in matters concerning the development of Imo State
7. To disseminate information from and about the people and governments of Imo State
8. To engage in social and educational activities that encourage useful engagement of youth and lead to respect of rule of law and order
9. To solicit for donations and partnerships to initiate and support development activities and projects in Imo State
10.To demand accountability and good governance from leaders in Imo State of Nigeria as well support activities that foster educational, social and economic development and security and safety of lives and property throughout Imo State.